This ebook is a short story about my life as a care giver. It's in a contest being done by Lulu.com.
Care giving can be hell, especially when you have a chronic illness. It is down right exhausting too.
The best top 5 tips:
1. Get plenty of rest. You will not do yourself or the one you are caring for any good if you aren't getting the recommended 7-9 hours of sleep nightly.
2. Exercise. Even if you only have enough time for a brisk 15 minute walk, it's still a good idea to exercise. Exercising releases serotonin, a natural chemical that helps aid in keeping your spirits up.
3. Eat well. A well balanced diet will help you maintain enough strength throughout the day to care for another. It also levels out your blood sugar which can spike if you eat too many sugary snacks and beverages. The sugar may also make you crash causing you to feel tired.
4. Keep your doctor's appointments. You are no good to any one if you neglect your own health while caring for a loved one. Keep those appointments!
5. Take your vitamins. Vitamin D is essential for those who are chronically fatigued. It is not a vitamin that is easily absorbed in the body with diet alone. You can get vitamin D from the sun, but that can be more difficult during the winter months to achieve. An extra vitamin supplement is a good idea.
Love and friendship,
KimberleyHell Has Carpets by Amanda Kimberley in Biographies & Memoirs:
'via Blog this'